Think you have ME- check out Candida
THE CANDIDA QUESTIONNAIRE:
How do you Score?
Systemic Candida Albicans Originating in the digestive tract can produce symptoms identical to M.E. You should rule out this possibility before considering other treatments.
1. Have you taken tetracycline or other antibiotics for one month or longer?
2. Have you, at any time in your life, taken other ‘broad spectrum’ antibiotics for respiratory, urinary or other infections (for two months or longer, or in shorter courses for four or more times in a one year period?)
3. Have you, at any time in your life, been bothered by persistent prostatitis, vaginitis or other problems affecting your reproductive organs?
4. Have you taken birth control pills for more than two years?
5. Have you taken cortisone type drugs for more than a month?
6. Does exposure to perfumes, insecticides, cigarette smoke and other chemicals provoke noticeable symptoms?
7. Are your symptoms worse on damp, muggy days or in mouldy places?
8. Do you suffer with athlete’s foot, ringworm, ‘jock itch’ or other chronic fungal infections of the skin or nails?
9. Do you crave sugar, bread or alcoholic beverages?
Score 2 points for each ‘yes’ answer.
1. Do you often experience fatigue or lethargy?
2. Do you suffer from depression?
3. Do you have poor memory?
4. Do you ever experience feeling ‘spacey’ or ‘unreal’?
5. Do you experience numbness, burning or tingling?
6. Do you ever get headaches or migraines?
7. Do you suffer from muscle aches or weakness?
8. Do you have pain and/or swelling in joints?
9. Do you suffer from abdominal pain?
10. Do you get constipation and/or diarrhoea?
11. Do you suffer from bloating. belching or gas?
12. Do you have troublesome vagninal itching, burning or discharge?
13. Do you suffer from prostatitis, or impotence?
14. Do you suffer from endometriosis or infertility?
15. Do you suffer with menstrual irregularities?
16. Do you ever have attacks of anxiety or crying?
17. Do you suffer from cold hands or feet and/or chilliness?
18. Do you get shakey or irritable when hungry?
Score ONE point for each ‘yes’ answer.
If your total score is above 24 there is a strong likelihood that you have Candidiasis.
If you score above 18 there is a possibility that you have it.
This questionnaire published in Dr Wm Crook’s book ‘The yeast connection’
The most reliable test is the Candida Antibody Test which we can perform for you. Please contact us for details.