KOKORO SCHOOL OF REIKI HEALING
I have set this up with the vision of delivering the highest quality of training and guidance to those wishing to study the healing arts of Reiki. My training and practice is heavily influenced by information coming from the 12 surviving students of Mikao Usui sensei.
Great emphasis is placed on the development of intuition, spiritual depth and ability to focus pure intent, using methods I have found to work and those used by Usui sensei.
My first students, who received a double set of level 1 attunements on the 21st and 22nd October 2006 were amazed at their abilities after the class. They have discovered new levels of being which will continue to astound them as they continue the life-long Path of development that is Reiki.
In order to continue students’ development, they all have free membership of the KOKORO-KAI Reiki Share Group which will meet regularly to discuss experiences, treat each other, pass on discoveries etc. in a very informal atmosphere.
WHY TRAIN WITH ME- WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT MY TRAINING?
I have had discussions with a number of students and other practitioners over the last few years and list the following as important reasons to choose Kokoro:
- My courses are run over two days-Saturday and Sunday.
- Classes are kept small- no more than four- so you get maximum attention. Classes larger than this do not work so well.
- Your actual attunements are given to you twice- once each day. I do not know of any other teacher doing this; my students and I find it beneficial. Further Reiju attunements will be passed on to students over time, when they are ready for them, or require them.
- I am actively engaged in a process of Spiritual and self development, to make me the best practitioner and teacher I can possibly be. What I learn from this process will be passed to my students freely.
- My teaching and practice are heavily influenced by information coming from the surviving students of Usui sensei (the founder/ rediscoverer of Reiki). Many teachers are still teaching the heavily westernised system of Reiki, which in my experience is less effective. The main differences involve spiritual development and the development of your ability to focus pure intent and visualisation.
- I have this year (2011) undertaken a course at Arthur Findlay College of Psychic Science concerning the Shamanic Path. I will be taking courses next year there, in Trance Healing.
- Level 3 (Master) also attunes you to Seichim at Master Level, giving you an additional ranges of flavours of the Energy to work with.
- I have met many students who have finished classes and do not know/ are not sure how to do an effective treatment. This will never be the case if you study with me. If it is required, classes run on well past schedule to ensure no one is in any doubt about anything.
- You have access to me 24/7 at any hour day or night, any day of the week to discuss any problems you encounter with anything to do with Reiki. This is certainly not the case with any other teachers I know.
- Regular follow-up calls to see how you are getting on and to give advice and support/ encouragement where necessary.
- You have free membership of the Kokoro-Kai Reiki Share Group. We meet regularly to discuss our experiences with the Energy and with clients. It’s an open forum, where you know you can discuss anything with like-minded people. We give each other group treatments, and I will also pass on further attunements over time.
- A comprehensive, freshly compiled 100 page manual with all the information you need, not a collection of photocopies and standard information from a previous master’s manual.
- Practitioner’s hard enamel badge, designed by myself, in the colours of the School’s logo.
- A REALLY NICE practitioner’s certificate.
- 100 CPD points, as per guidelines of the Irish Reflexology Institute. Other bodies may award different point values.
IF YOU ARE THINKING OF STUDYING REIKI, BEWARE OF SITES OFFERING ‘DISTANCE ATTUNEMENTS’ OR ‘TEACH YOURSELF FOR FREE- WE WILL GIVE YOU THE SECRETS’ ETC. THIS IS NOT IN KEEPING WITH THE USUI TRADITION, IS UNETHICAL AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR THE TRADITIONAL PASSING ON OF REIKI FROM MASTER TO STUDENT.
A Teacher should have been a Master for year or so previous to becoming a teacher. Some ‘Master/Teachers’ will have done their Master and Teacher at the same time- this is not in keeping with the Usui tradition. It does not allow the Master time to become properly acquainted with the 3rd degree Energy to the extent where its properties can be effectively tought. Teacher is a separate degree in the currently true Usui System.
What you will usually hear from these ‘joint master/teachers’ is that the split is only made so that teachers can make more money by specifying a fourth degree level. For the reasons stated above, this argument holds no weight. It is also the case that not all Masters want to teach.
In addition, contrary to what you may be told, there is more than one symbol (expression of the Energy) in Level 3- I personally teach three, as well as Seichim to Master Level. Psychic Surgery is also taught at Level 3, as is the use of the Antahkarana and Healing Grids.
There are many sites purporting to do ‘distance attunements’ or even worse, ‘we will teach you to attune yourself’. This is nonsense- Reiki must be passed on to a student by a Master Teacher.
Another thing you should be aware of when checking out possible teachers is the content of the level 1 course. I have heard of some teachers who do not empower you with the Power Symbol at level 1- they should- do not accept any excuses or ‘explanations’ as to why they don’t. You won’t be able to connect to the Energy properly or treat yourself properly without this empowerment. Usui sensei did not use symbols, but you will not have the spiritual depth of Usui sensei. Practising Reiki without using symbols will come later in your development, when you have many hours under your belt practicing with the Energies.
Attunement and Empowerment are not the same thing-you may be attuned to the Power Symbol by such ‘teachers’ but not actually empowered with it.
If you want any clarification on anything I have said here, please contact me. I am genuinely concerned by reports I am getting from people who have been ‘trained’ and cannot work with the Energy, or are trying to self treat and getting nowhere.
If people are improperly trained and start to practice on clients who don’t get any benefit from them, Reiki will be undervalued as a therapy and all Reiki practitioners will be tarred with the same brush! Reiki can be an immensely powerful therapy in the right hands- you want to be regarded as a powerful practitioner!
CLICK HERE TO READ TESTIMONIALS
CLICK HERE TO READ REVIEWS ON OUR TOUCH BELFAST PAGE.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW CLASS DATES AND DETAILS.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT REIKI.